Well, these monthly wrap up posts seem to be “the thing” right now, and while I try not to do what everyone else does, these posts are so fun to read I don’t see a good reason not to do them!
(And yes, I do know that it is May 4th. Life gets in the way of my desires to post on time.)
11. Sorry, I don’t have the energy to list them all every single month.
I will list my top 3 favorites.
Samara’s Peril by Jaye L. Knight. I got to be an advanced reader for this book!! Can you believe it!!!! I still can’t! It was so amazing!!
The Ryn by Serena Chase.
The Remedy by Serena Chase.
(I am completely blaming my dear friend Hope for telling me about those last two.
And no one needs to know how late I stayed up reading them. They were totally awesome, by the way. :) )
Well, since I had a long day of near panic when I realized how close the release date of The Old River Road is coming in comparison to how much work still needed to be done, I re-evaluated my goals for April.
Total words written: 20,000
Total words edited: 85,000 (that was my whole manuscript for TORR)
I successfully completed my “week of insane writing.” Barely. I wasn’t sure if I was going to make it. The story just wasn’t flowing right. But I pushed through, and finished with 15,000 words in five days.
BTW, please tell me I’m not the only one that gets to the “..999” word count and seriously cannot think of ONE MORE WORD to type to finish up my daily amount.
Most words in one day: 5,126
Least words in a day: 216
Most words in an hour: 2,000 (a new personal high!)
- Abi’s Martin Hospitality
- My own book. (Does that count?)
Well, a lot of life stuff happened this past month.
- I got accepted and enrolled in college. *ahhhhh!!!!* I will be taking classes from home through Liberty University. Classes start in 14 DAYS!!!!
- I buckled down on high school stuff so I can close that area of my life.
- Edited an entire book, hired a cover designer AND editor, rounded up 12 amazing beta readers…and somewhere in there lost my sanity.
- Learned how to drive our 36ft motorhome. (Told you I lost my sanity.)
- Resumed TaeKwonDo classes. Boy I tell you, I am one rusty black belt. Eight years of no practice really puts a tarnish on that shiny blackness. :-)
- Ate at Chick-fil-A for the second time in my entire life. Seriously, they need to get these restaurants in Eastern Washington. What the heck is up with them only being in the southern/eastern states and in Seattle?
- Met an internet friend in person!!! (Hi Rosey!!!!) :-)
~Goals for May~
- Finish getting The Old River Road ready for publication. This means going through my beta-reader’s comments, sending it to my editor, going through her comments, then sending the manuscript to the formatted. (WHEW!)
- Start college. This one is inevitable, so maybe I should say “survive starting college.”
- Plan my graduation/baptism/18th birthday/Mom and Dad’s 22nd wedding anniversary. These events are all so close together I decided that we may as well celebrate them all on the same day. Why not, right? Now I just have to plan the insane event.
- Beta-read Hope’s Song of the Sword, and Abi’s Martin Hospitality.
- Read 8 books.
- Do a Vlog.
- Survive. (This one has been on the bottom of my daily to-do lists as of late.)
Well, there was a lot more that went into April, but that’s all I have the energy to record for now.
So how was your April? Did you do anything absolutely fantastic that I should know about? How do you feel about frozen cookie dough? (Sorry, that was random, but seriously, have you tried the stuff?)
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON’T STOP READING YET!!!!
Are you still reading? Good. Keep going.
I have this wonderful idea to do a Vlog sometime in the near future (’cause Vlogs are awesome), but in order to do so I need to know if you have any questions for me. I can come up with a topic on my own if necessary, but it would be far more fun to answer your questions. Please, if you have any questions, leave them in the comment box, or email me with the contact form. THANK YOU!!!