I don’t typically enjoy doing linkups, but this one looked like fun. If you want to do this too, just click on the button above and follow the instructions! It’s fun!
(I don’t know why is says number 1 in front of each of these questions. It won’t let me change that. :( )
- What were your writing achievements last year?
I spent several months editing Never Alone book 1 and came up with many ways to make the story 10 times better. (It will be going through a complete re-write later this year.)
I participated in NaNoWriMo for the very first time, and won! *squeals!*
I started 2 new novels.
- Tell us about your top priority writing project for this year?
My top priority this year is getting Clara’s Story published. After that, I need to finish writing and prepare the Secret Story for publishing (it will be published in 2017). That way, I can devote at least 18 solid months to Never Alone 1 to get it finished and ready to publish in late 2017 or early 2018.
- List 5 areas you’d like to work the hardest to improve this year.
My editing strategies. They really stink and it takes me twice as long as it should.
Writing in Deep Point of View.
Writing is First Person.
Shortening my word counts (this may or may not happen). ;)
Finding time to write amidst school.
- Are you participating in any writing challenges?
I’m planning on doing NaNo in April. We shall see about July…that will be my first semester in college so I might not do it.
- What’s your critique partner/beta reader situation like and do you have plans to expand this year?
Beta-reader wise, I am so-so. I want to expand that over the year.
- Do you have plans to read any writer-related books this year? Or are there specific books you want to read for research?
I need to read The Elements of Style by William Strunk Jr. and E.B. White, and I will re-read Rivet Your Readers with Deep Point of View by Jill Elizabeth Nelson.
- Pick one character you want to get to know better, and how are you going to achieve this?
As bizarre as this sounds, I need to get to know the main character of my trilogy, Callie Nickly, better. Yes, I’ve been working with her for the past four years, but so much of her personality is mysterious and confusing to me. I will achieve this by re-writing the first book and re-structuring the second.
- Do you plan to edit or query, and what’s your plan of attack?
Edit. I’m planning on indie publishing.
- Toni Morrison once said, “If there’s a book that you want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.” What are the books that you want to see more of, and what “holes” do you think need filling in the literary world?
More appropriate contemporary fiction about real-life people with real-life problems. As much as I love reading and writing historical fiction, the ever-growing need for Godly contemporary is pressing me.
- What do you hope to have achieved by the end of 2016?
I hope to have Clara’s Story published, Secret Story ready for publication, and begin the re-write of Never Alone book 1. That should be enough to keep me busy for awhile. :)
What are your writerly goals for 2016? I want to hear them! :)